Thursday 4 January 2007

FRUIT SALAD

I didn't really think before the creation of this blog.

Inspired by the brilliant musings of Petite Anglaise, I just lunged into it. Now, after receiving the first comment for my first post, I feel somewhat paralysed by the idea that someone, somewhere may stumble across sentences and paragraphs of my own composition, and actually read them. It fills me with a terrible sense of self-consciousness.

Who am I writing for?
One unknown, invisible reader?
One hundred unknown, invisible readers?
The infinite abyss that is 'the Internet'?

Or maybe, just myself. After a year where nothing of much significance happened directly to me, where instead, I merely observed the births, lives and deaths of others, and of others' others; perhaps I should endeavour to live purely for myself.

And thus follows my resolution for 2007: I shall attempt to live life, to be of it; rather than just watch it cascade past me in slow motion.

On another note entirely, after an intimate late night coffee-in-a-cafe session with my best friend, we concluded that the most interesting question one can ever enquire of a new acquaintance is:

What kind of fruit are you?

I know what I am: pomegranate
And I know what I need//want: orange

Happy New Year Reader - if indeed, you are there.

No comments: